We all know that the first thing they you normally do after you come up with a product, service or an idea you will go to put a name on it.
Usually, most people will go out and Google to see what names are available and to check out who else has the same ideas.
After you do that then the decision needs to come "what's next"?
What you should normally do at this point would be to sit down and look at a marketing plan.
Answer these questions...
1) How am I going to get the word out about my product?
2) What is the goal of my marketing (short, medium, long term)
3) Am I looking for local regional or national or even international coverage?
4) what is my online strategy?
5) how will social media fit into this strategy?
6) what do I want my website to do for me?
- is it an informational site? Just meant to give info on the business?
- is it an order taking site?
- do you want to be able to process payments?
- do you need a shopping cart?
7) domain name
- this is something that you may think you need earlier on. I am going to explain this part first in my next posting.
What's in the domain name?